Saturday, December 20, 2008

Missing my "Babies"

My "Babies" are all grown up. I'm missing seeing Christmas through their eyes. I was going through pictures and just had to share some of my favorite Christmas pictures.
I hope you enjoy and are also enjoying time to remember the reason for the season.


I'm reading to Marc & Sarah.


Sarah & Marc in matching PJ's that I made. Marc is so embarrassed by this fact. I only did this for Christmas.



Marc & Sarah


Sarah & Marc


Sarah & Marc


Marc & Sarah


Sarah & Marc


Marc & Sarah the last year they wore matching PJ's. Poor Marc...


Marc & Sarah


Marc & Sarah with Santa


Marc & Sarah with Santa


Marc & Sarah with Maddi & K.C.


Sarah & Marc with K.C. & Maddi


Sarah, Me & Marc with Suki, K.C. & Maddi - this wasn't Marc's idea of a good time either.


Sarah, Me, Marc & Tahmina


My sisters children and mine - Cousins!


Sarah, Marc, Me & Zareen (Did you notice my children have the same shirts on as last year? No one planned that and we didn't notice it till afterwards when looking at the previous years pictures. Oh, well!)

I know you think that is an awful lot of pictures, you wouldn't believe how many more I have. I love to take pictures and document our lives through pictures. So many good memories are captured in them. Marc and Sarah are two of my most treasured gifts in life. This will be my last Christmas here in the states for awhile. It may be my last Christmas with Marc and Sarah for awhile since we are all heading in different directions. My heart does feel sad when I think about that possiblity, but then I think about all the wonderful Christmas and years we have had and my heart is at peace. As I prepare I'm sad at times for the people I will miss when I'm living in Kazakhstan. At almost the same time with just as much intensity - joy swells in me as I anticipate seeing the kids I've come to love so much and knowing I won't have to say good-bye to them after a mere two weeks. It is funny how our hearts can hold such contrasting emotions at the same time. Amazing probably is a better word.

I'm trying to savor each moment of my time here, enjoying family and friends as I prepare to move. I think more than usual it has gotten me thinking about the past, dear friends and family.

Wishing you each a Christmas full of joy and sweet memories.
Vicki

No comments: