Thursday, March 26, 2009

Lola, Sam & James







I had the great privilege of doing portraits of three beautiful children.

I've been given this gift to paint, but for years didn't use it much. I use to be very critical of this gift and judge it against other "great" artist and not use it as much for I judged it "not good enough". We are each given gifts and if we don't use those gifts we may loose them. Also how sad it is for the one who gives us the gift to see it sit upon a shelf and not be used.

Several years ago I realized it was not always about the product produced but enjoying the process and letting the gift flow. I love seeing the joy that even my talent can bring people. Doing a mural or a painting can bring joy to me and others if I stop the comparison and critical judgement of myself.

Lola, Sam & James' Mother saw the portraits I did of my nieces for Christmas and asked if I would do one of each of their children. I delivered them yesterday and loved seeing the children's reaction as much as I did seeing the pleasure in their mother's face. Thank you Lola, Sam & James for the honor of painting you. May you enjoy these paintings for many years.



1 comment:

Sharon said...

What beautiful portraits. You have a gift!