Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Perfect plan falls into place without my working out a plan!!

It's hard to believe I've been moved out of my house now for 20 days now.  Emotionally it seems like I've been in this "twilight zone" for months..   
It's been 12 days since I found out what I thought was KC's forever home - informed me that they weren't.  Thankfully the were generous and let KC stay until a new plan was formed.  
Between work, trying to find what I need, re-organizing, taking KC to meet a new potential family (that wasn't the right family for KC even though we loved the family).  They already have 1 Rhodesian, 3 Gray Hounds, 1 Bearded Lizard and 10 children!! YES that is "10"..  Amazing people, great animals and wonderful kids, but not in the need of one more dog..  I'm not sure KC though it was a place she wanted to live either... 
Then Sarah got really sick, I didn't work... ugh... still was putting out feelers for KC's new home... and started to feel not so good myself.. I was feeling a little overwhelmed.  
Then I see the many blessings given to me each day..  
Friday Sarah started to turn around and feel better.  I got a great call from the breeder I got KC from.. She gave me the name and number of a woman who was looking for a female Rhodesian Ridgeback for a companion.. She sounded perfect and when I called her everything sounded perfect..  We set up for me to drive KC out to meet her Sunday.  She lives about an hour west of me giving me an opportunity for a pleasant drive on a Sunday afternoon... 
The family who Sarah and I are staying understand how hard it has been giving up my "best friend", because they have two beloved 4 legged family members of their own.  They said KC could come for the night before taking KC to her "hopefully" new home.  What a great gift it was and how it soothed my soul to have my beloved KC with me for 24 hours..  The family who have had KC said if I had any hesitation with this new home don't hesitate to bring KC back and keep looking.  What a gift to not feel pressured to place her.  
Today I took KC with a friend and her pup to the park.  What a gift to enjoy good friendship, wonderful dogs, and the great out doors... 

A nice drive, KC and I arrived to a beautiful home in the country..  When Pam walks out I knew in my spirit that this would work..  She has a quiet grace and calm that I know KC will bond with.  There are so many similarities between KC's old life with me and what she will have with Pam.  KC will have two buddies in Dandelion and Walker, Corgi's who warmed to KC right away..  How it soothed my soul to see how content KC will be, how well she'll fit into Pam's life... As silly as it sounds I need to have all "my babies" settled and secure into their "new" lives..  To know that KC will be happy and loved eases the pain of not having her..  What a gift... 



As I drove west to KC's new home I heard a song... "Sometimes HE calms the storm... Sometimes HE calms me"...  I feel like the last several weeks there have been many storms, and I feel like I have been given great comfort in the mist and at the same time the storms have been calmed.  I've believed in a bigger plan.. been frustrated... held onto that belief..  and will continue to hold onto that no matter what..  
Tonight I am so thankful that no matter what I see there is a bigger plan to hold onto...

I cried as I drove away again from my beloved KC dog.. As dogs go she has been a great comfort and companion these last 6 years.  I don't know how those of you who don't have dogs live..  My dogs have always brought so much joys into my life, and KC is the best.  

Oh, how thankful I am for KC having someone who will love her as much as I do.. I'm thankful for dear friends.. I'm thankful for the last 24 hours with KC... Thankful that Sarah is healthy again.  She and her brother Marc are spending the night with their Father, which I am thankful for.  Relationships are so important... Nobody dies wishing they had spent more time with things or accumulating more ... It is the people and relationships that matter...  
I am richly blessed in so many ways...  Tonight I am thankful for so much..  

I am thankful for each of you who are joining me on this journey...  
Missing KC, but happy to know she is in a loving home..
Vicki

No comments: