Saturday, November 15, 2008

Last Day of Sharpening Your Interpersonal Skills!



Hurray!!! Last Day of Training.. I've been here in North Carolina since September 9th. This has become like home. It is the longest I've stayed in one place since I closed up my house in June. Now, I'm back to the like of a nomad until I leave for Kazakhstan.

Ending is bitter sweet. I've made many dear friends and have enjoyed immensely being in close community to many. Some things that this new adventure brings are many good-byes, but that is balanced with more hello's as well as the great gift of new friends.

On Thursday we had a "Girl's Night" out. We piled into two cars and first headed to Bangkok Delight for dinner. The food was quite tasty. We then headed to George and Kathy's house. George is out of town which left Kathy, Beth (their daughter) and Cami (Beth's dog) making a truly " Girl's Night". Beth's dog, Cami is the sweetest little dog and loved the attention she received from all of us. Kathy had cookies, coffee, hot coco, hot cider and tea for us. We played some crazy word - hot potato - game. Like the worse possible game for me. I'm not competitive, quick with words not a good combination in a high stress, highly competitive group. ugh.. A good time was had by all.

















Friday we finished up our Sharpening Your Interpersonal Skills Class. This class gave us tools to use in our relationships. Things like; How not to kill your relationship , Loving Listening, Drawing people out, Confronting well, Building Trust, Living in Community, Managing Stress (I never have any of that!!!) Being and Encourager, and many more topics. I think I have knowledge oozing out my ears about now..





This weekend I work on the mural in the administration building and the apartment I've been staying in. Here are a couple pictures of them each.


Mural in the Administration Building

Mural in Sorenson Apartment

I will always treasure the sweet memories I built during my time there as I prepare for the next part of the adventure. Thank you for joining me in this journey. We are all part of an Epic Adventure whether we know it or not. There is a great story going on all around us and we can each choose to be part or sit on our sofas and watch the world go by. I am ever so thankful for each one who chooses to join in this grand tale..

Thank you dear friends.
Vicki

No comments: