Sunday, November 9, 2008

A quick update on the mural's progress!





I just wanted to post a few pictures of what I did today on the mural. With classes this week I don't know how much I'll get done again until Friday.
Here is the results of my work today. I was a little sad not to have my audience from yesterday, but was able to paint a little faster.

I am really hoping to be able to paint murals in the various orphanages I'll be working with once I move to Kazakhstan. I believe strongly that beauty touches the soul and that there is no language barrier. As my time grows shorter before I depart many sentimental feelings rise up. I'm going to miss Marc and Sarah ever so much.. I already miss my sweet KC dog who I gave away in this summer and I'm going to miss my dear friends who have been there through trials and celebrations.

In contrast my excitement and anticipation grows. I didn't get to go to Kazakhstan this summer as I was fund raising and preparing to move and my missing the children has doubled since I haven't seen them since Aug 07. I have been 7 times since 2000, have built relationships and fallen in love with the country and the people. I long to be there and at the same time feel the ache of missing my family and friends here. The scale still tips dramatically to the side of all the sacrifices are more than worth it.

Thank you dear friends for you each of your encouraging words. Thank you for joining me on this journey and adventure..
Have a great week.
Vicki

No comments: