Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Another Weekend in North Carolina painting and visiting with friends!

I was back in North Carolina probably for the last time before I leave for Kazakhstan. I did a faux finish in the student center, visited with friends and sat in a class. It was good time all in all. I love to brighten spaces with color. I hope all the students who pass through will enjoy the new updated area.

The kitchen area.





Me cleaning up out back.. Thanks for catching this shot Chip. I'd rather be on the other side of the camera! :o)


Chip and I beside the finished mural in the Administration building..

On this journey to Kazakhstan there have been some things that have been a little uncomfortable for me. Not having a "home" to call my own, bouncing around from place to place, not always sure where my stuff is and a big one has been raising support. Interlink Resources is a not for profit organization and all the American team has to raise their support before they can go. Sometimes that has been awkward even though I know beyond a shadow of a doubt this is the path I'm suppose to be one. Well, this weekend I had one of those moments that brought me to tears. I have been totally amazed, humbled, and honored by the generousity of so many, but every now an then there is that gift that touches my heart beyond what words can express.

I received the note below from three of the most special young women I know. They have open their hearts and let me in. I've enjoyed meals with their families and just hanging out. This weekend I was making cookies to send to my kids for Valentine Day. (They are in the mail... Marc and Sarah.. I know they are late, but I was thinking of you.. miss you both...) I made some for some of the kids I know in North Carolina. Well, Kimberly, Jamie and Lily sent the beautiful hand made note with a contribution to reaching children. These girls do know a little what it feels like to be abandoned, but also know how a loving family can heal so much. Thank you girls.. I look forward to hearing all about what you are doing and I will keep you updated on what is happening in Kazakhstan and with the kids there. My love to you each..







Sometimes I'm at a loss of words to express my gratitude and thankfulness for all the people who are placed along my journey to encourage me. I can get caught up in the details, chaos or just about anything and forget to count all the many blessings given to me for today. Thank you each for joining me on this journey. Don't forget to look around and count your blessings and tell those people in your life just how much they mean to you.

Love
Vicki

No comments: