Saturday, June 28, 2008

KC goes home with her "new" Family!











Yesterday, KC and I went to the dog park for the last time as KC being my dog.  We made plans for her new family to picked her up from her favorite place.  
She hasn't been very happy this week with our house being turned upside down as we sort, give and pack all our belongings..  She has known something is up just not how big of a change was coming into her life.  She probably was very happy to get to her new home last night and find it just as she last left it.  

I have been sad for the last couple days thinking about not having my beloved KC around.  She is spoiled rotten and sleeps in my bed, She is very attentive to what I am doing and how I am feeling, I have my routine set up around her walks, and I just like being greeted by her happiness when I come home.  KC is very attached to me and ignores most other people.  It isn't that she isn't friendly it's just that the breed doesn't feel the need to love all people just their owners. 
It has been an answer to prayers that I have found a wonderful family who was patient to let KC get to know them and love her for who she is.  Just like people dogs have different personalities, strengths and weakness.  I am so thankful to find the perfect family who also likes me enough to let me visit and keep me updated on how KC is doing.  She has bonded with her new family.  They were great in being willing to start with us visiting their home on numerous occasions then KC going for hour long visits finally to overnights and weekend visits.  Thank you Peter, Amy, Sarah and Chris for your patience and love for KC and your kindness to me.  I know you guys and KC will settle into a wonderful routine and KC will love you and bring you as much joy as she has brought us.  

When KC saw Amy and Sarah walk onto the field she recognized them and went running to them very happy to see them.  It did my heart good to see her happy for I have worried how she will handle being away from me... I know I'm being a little over the top, but I've had the dog for 6 years....  
This week has been one of the hardest weeks..   I'm a basket case of emotions running the spectrum from sadness to joy.  I still trusting in HIS good will for me and my life.  In the mist of the storms of life I will hold onto HIS promises.  


Thank you for being their to encourage us as we end one chapter and begin a new.
My love to all my friends who are precious gifts from God...
Vicki
P.S.  Thank you to all my wonderful human and dog friends at Bandy Field..  The most amazing and interesting group of people bring their beloved four legged friends to Bandy Field.  I've grown quite fond of the two and four legged friends there.  Thank you each for your love and support.  I'm going to have to come by the park to get my doggy fix and see all KC's friends..





No comments: