Saturday, September 27, 2008

Kate's Birthday Party

I made it to Richmond, Virginia after driving over 7 hours in pouring rain. all the way through North Carolina it just poured. Ugh. Not the greatest day to travel, but by His great mercies I made it back safe and sound.
My heart is filled with mixed emotions as my family and I travel through these major transitions in life. Even good changes come with uneasiness and trepidations. The unknown of what the future well really look like and feel like can bring fear into my heart if I'm not careful to guard my thoughts. I can run down a bunny trail in my imagination faster than you can say imagination. I tend to run down the trails that images of doom and destruction lurk around every corner then the fear creeps in. Taking control of my thoughts and wanderings is a top priority now a days. I have to laugh at myself sometimes for the complexity of imagination then turn my thoughts to the many joys and blessings here for today, focus on the Truth and move forward.
Oh, how silly I can be even during a time of celebration...
I forgot to tell you about a party we had for Kate who is in our class. Elizabeth and Lindsey planned a surprise Birthday Party for her at a local paint your own pottery in Rutherfordton. The surprise was actually pulled off and all involved had a great time. If you wonder why I'm in none of the pictures in the slide show it is because I was taking the pictures. I look much better behind the camera then in front. :o)

Click to play Kate's Birthday!
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


I'm heading over to my middle sister's house later this morning to do BBQ chicken for the family gathering we are having to celebrate Sarah's leaving for Navy boot camp. I've said it before but I'm going to say it again. What a true gift and blessings from heaven my two children have been. They have made me want to be a better person and I can't imagine my life without these two precious people. I am humbled and amazed that I have the privilege of being their mother.
I'm so proud of my sweet baby girl for joining the Navy. She will excel in anything she puts her mind to. She has been richly blessed with so many gifts and talents. Of course I will continue to pray for her especially her safety..

Celebration - the act of celebrating.. May my life be a celebration to the wonderful joys and blessings I've been graciously given.
May you enjoy the many blessings and joys given just for today, and May your joy bubble over to all those you meet today..
Love
Vicki

No comments: