Monday, September 22, 2008

What happened to my weekend?

It's Monday morning and I'm trying to figure out what happened to my weekend. A time to catch up on homework, reading and projects due.




Friday evening I went for a walk with some of the other women after spending an afternoon working on homework. The scenery is beautiful as we walk down the roads.
Friday evening Pat who is going to China came over with her selections of movies and we watched a movie and ate popcorn! My favorite food.
Saturday we headed to Asheville to work on an assignment for class. Asheville, NC is a beautiful town with a downtown made for walking. Public Art is everywhere with an eclectic mix of shops and restaurants. There is also a large homeless populations and my heart ached especially for the young kids living on the fringes.
I got some great pictures of all sort of things.




A shopkeeper in a Himalayas Import store was friendly and shared so many interesting things about his country. I hadn't realized Singing Bowls were used in healing. When he placed a bowl on our hands we could feel the vibration through our bodies. He travels between the two countries several times a year. www.himalayasimport.com

I made a terrible mistake and upon entering a Celtic shop asked if the woman was from Ireland. Now, in my defense I did see a book in the window on Ireland. Quickly I was put to the test of why would I assume Celtic meant Irish and not Scottish... My mother would be ashamed. I am of Scottish decent. I was able to humbly express my apologies and receive a history lesson in return. I'm so graceful with inserting my foot into my mouth.. When will I ever learn.
We ate lunch at THE MELLOW MUSHROOM and had a fabulous pizza on the patio. When I asked about soy in the food I was presented with a small printout showing exactly which foods had soy or soy oil in them. I'm only guessing, but I'm thinking soy allergies are on the rise since it was listed along with peanuts, tree nuts, milk, and eggs.
Sunday I went to church and was invited by a couple to come RIDE there horses.. YEAH!!!! They have 11 horses and always need someone to ride them. I am so excited.

After church I came home and had the privilege of taking photos of THE WILSON FAMILY. What an amazing sweet family. Getting 8 people to look at the camera and smile all the while being eaten alive by mosquitoes was a bit tricky. Of coarse I received not one bite since the bugs and mosquitoes preferred the sweet blood of all the kids.


Jen is a hairdresser and shaped my hair after I had finished transferring the pictures to my computer. Sarah, you will be happy when I see you. My hair looks lots better then when I take the clippers to the back.. :o)
I had the privilege of staying for dinner until I remembered I had left laundry in the dryer and had a ton of homework to do and it was now dark outside, so like Cinderella I ran home before something turned into a pumpkin...
A great weekend, but not nearly enough time to get everything done..
Still Missing everyone back home, but making some great new friends.
Love
Vicki



No comments: