Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The next part of my adventure begins this morning!

It's 5:30 a.m. and I've been up since 4:30. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time and am feeling silly about that. I'm only going 5 or so hours away in North Carolina and I'll be back 17 days for the weekend to see my baby before she heads off for boot camp. I've gone to Kazakhstan for longer so I've been away from my kids for that long. I think knowing that life as the three of us have known for the last 20 years is about to radically change for all of us in weighing on my heart. I'm excited, know this is the path we are suppose to be on, but also a little hesitant. We are standing on this cusp of what was and what will be. Change is always uncomfortable even if good change and that is where I am at the moment.
Yesterday I was fretting about if I was taking to much stuff with me. Edith laughed and said "how much can you possibly have to take? You have narrowed your entire world down to an 11 x 14 shed!!!" I think sometimes I just obsess just because. Oh, how silly I am.
The morning should dawn clear giving me perfect driving weather and when I drive home the end of Sept I should see some pretty fall colors on the trees. I'll be in the mountains of North Carolina which will be beautiful..
Oh, a note on hiking boots. My sweet cousin Amy gave me some hiking boots that Alex (her son) had out grown. They are a little big, but I think they will work. I'm still holding out hope that I will find my old boots, but thank you Amy and Alex so much..
Thank you all dear friends for your love, support and encouraging words as I travel along the path laid before me..
Love
Vicki

No comments: