Sunday, September 14, 2008

Union Mills, North Carolina




Here is the outside of my home for the next 9 weeks. The accommodations are quite nice. A small two bedroom, full kitchen, bath, and living/dinning room. Each of the apartments are a little different, but I have way more room than I've been having and more than I expected to have. I think I'm settling in a little and not so overwhelmed with all the newness, lack of responsibilities.
I've had an enjoyable mostly relaxing weekend. The local community center host a twice monthly breakfast that I went to Saturday morning. Good country cooking - grits, liver and gravy, biscuits, pancakes, eggs, country ham, sausage, bacon, coffee and orange juice. It was very good. Then I went to the big town of Forest City to pick up some groceries and I stopped on Main Street in Rutherfordton to window shop before heading home to study.

Today I'm finishing up studying and preparing for class tomorrow. I walked down the road to the Post Office in Union Mills. If you are driving down the road and blink you would miss Union Mills, but there are some great old Victorian homes and the post office is picture perfect..

Well, I have to get back to studying, but wanted you to see what the surrounding area looks like. It is very beautiful and the local people are friendly and helpful when I get lost.

Missing my children who seem not to be missing me if I take their lack of communications as any indication. Missing my friends at the same time making new ones. Thankful for the many blessings and joys given each day.
Love
Vicki










The view as I walked to the post office


View from down the road a short distance.


Charlotte - the zipper spider who lives outside our apartment next to apartment #3

1 comment:

Carrie DeLille said...

Mayberry RFD?? Looks beautiful!! Great photography. The twins will have not problem finding a home!!